4th Ain Shams University
Computer Vision Competition
Aims and Scope:
Research progress in computer vision and pattern recognition has lead to a variety of modelling techniques with (almost) human-like performance in a variety of tasks. We are organizing a competition on explainable computer vision systems. We aim to compile the latest efforts and research advances from the scientific community in creating a computer vision applications to help our daily life.
Prizes & Benefits:
Top teams prizes: TBD.
Certificates of appreciation will be awarded to all participants.
Select teams will also benefit from:
Eligibility & Application:
Ain Shams University students from all faculties and departments who are interested in the field of computer vision can participate in this competition!
All teams have to fill the registration form below by 27th of April, 2021. Each team consists of 2-5 students.
- Idea Creativity
- We prefer simple creative idea with a medium accuracy to a dull stolen repeated idea with top accuracy.
- Algorithms Implementation
- How well you use different computer vision algorithms and integrate them together in order to solve your problem
- Code Quality
- How can you work with a team? Everyone will contribute with a part of the code with a good quality in order to achieve your final goal.
- User Interface experience
- How can you package your implementation? With appropriate user interface it can be mobile or web application or embedded device based on your idea.
Competition Phases and Timeline
- Application opens 13th of April and ends 27th of April 2021
- We will review your project proposal and reply to your team with project approval by 20th of May so you can start implementing the project with your team.
- This process is for helping you to change or update your idea early in case it is very easy or very complex or out of our scope.
- We encourage you to submit your proposal before the deadline and explain your project with enough information in order to be approved as soon as possible.
- All teams will work on their ideas for 4 weeks.
- We encourage teams to implement their idea with a desktop script first then they can migrate the code to any application or platform (mobile or web or embedded).
- The deadline for the project submission is 20th of June.
- You will deliver a short presentation "Poster Session" on the 1st of July.
- You will deliver:
- Project code on a GitHub repo.
- Demo video for your application on YouTube or at least write a description document with your application screenshots.
- The committee will evaluate projects and announce the top 20 projects.
- IMPORTANT RULES:
- Any suspicious cheating or use an existing project code will lead to zero marks and teams will be unqualified for the competition.
- We will evaluate individual contributions from GitHub repo commits and presentation and this affects your project overall and individual score.