Our Prototyping Lab offers professional machining and 3D printing services to bring student's project from concept to completion.
The lab is staffed with a highly experienced machinist and lab technicians to provide precision machining, specialised fabrications
and fitting and assembly for prototypes and custom designed parts.
Quality is always our first Priority.
What we offer
- 3D Printing and Prototyping :
- Print with over 15 different print materials or combine two different materials into one single print.
- Print anything in 3D with amazing details.
- Print quality ranging from 50 micron up to 250 micron.
- Provides users with an intuitive, easy-to-use manufacturing tool for every stage of their product development workflow.
- Print Mechanical parts, Mockups for product design, Robotics parts, and Architecture designs.
- 3D scanning :
- Offers an enhanced Handheld HD Scan Mode and enlarged scan range.
- Captures 3D model of medium to large size objects with high efficiency.
- Meets demands for wider range of applications.
- Measures the geometry of physical objects by sensing discrete points on the surface of the object with a probe.
- Offers Point-to-point and optional scanning configurations with high resolution scales.
- Laser Cutting :
- Computer-controlled cutting machine used for cutting various hard materials.
- Performs the tasks of many carpentry shop machines such as the panel saw, the spindle moulder, and the boring machine.
- CNC equipment that uses laser to engrave and cut metal/non-metal materials.
leading to high dynamic response and load capacity.
Prototyping Lab Rates
iLab is staffed with a machinist to perform machining and fabrication services. Fees are based on an hourly rate for machinist labor and equipment use. Independent rental/use of machining equipment is not available.
It also offers 3D printing and scanning facilities. A lab technician is available to assist.
Cost is based on a setup fee plus the quantity of 3D printing materials expended.
Services are available for all students and researchers. Please contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation.
Prototyping Services Rates
- Work Requests