PCB Based Electronic Design Workshop
- Terminology in PCB design.
- Actual designs of advanced PCBs and measuring them.
- PCB interconnect analysis, shielding, and coupling mechanisms.
- PCB devices such as spiral inductors and so on.Use of PCB prototyping machines.
- By the end of this training, the student should be able to:
- Review modern trends and developments in the field of Printed circuit Board (PCB) technologies
- Identify a suitable PCB for a given Design (RF, Low power,…etc)
- Acquire basic knowledge to design a PCB Develop avenues to overcome different PCB Design challenges
- Knowledge in engineering and physics:
- Electromagnetics, linear circuits, device characteristics, differential equations, and programming.
- Basics of Printed Circuit Boards: Connectivity in electronics equipment, Evolution of PCB, Components of PCB, Classification of PCB, Manufacturing of basic PCB, Challenges in Modern PCB Design and Manufacturing, Standards on PCB
- Electronic Components: Basic of electronic components, Resistors, Variable resistors or Potentiometer, Thermistors, Capacitors, Variable Capacitors, Inductors, Diodes, Transistors, Integrated Circuits (ICs), Microcontrollers, Surface Mount Devices, Heat Sinks, Transformer
- Layout Planning and Design: Reading Drawings and Diagrams, General PCB Design Considerations, Mechanical Design Considerations, Electrical Design Considerations, Component Placement Rules, Fabrication and assembly consideration, Environmental Factors, Cooling requirements and packaging Density, Layout Design, Layout Design Checklist
- Design Considerations for Special Circuits: Design rules for Analog Circuits, Design Rules for Digital Circuits, Design Rules for High Frequency Circuits, Design Rules for fast Pulse Circuits, Design Rules for Microwave circuits, Design Rules for Power Electronics Circuits, High Density interconnections Structures
- Image Transfer Techniques: Image Transfer basics, Laminate Surface Preparation, Screen Printing, Pattern Transfer Techniques, Printing Inks, Printing Process, Photo Printing, Laser Direct Image (LDI), Legend Printing
- Multilayer Boards: What are Multi-layers?, Interconnection Techniques, Materials for multi-layers boards, Design features of multi-layer board, Fabrication process of multi-layer boards
- Flexible Printed Circuit Boards: Construction of Flexible Printed Circuit boards, Design considerations in flexible printed circuit board, Manufacture of flexible circuit boards, Rigid flex printed circuit boards, Terminations, Advantages of Flexible printed circuit boards, Special applications of Flexible circuits
- Environmental Concerns in PCB Industry: Pollution control in PCB Industry, Pollution Agents, Recovery Techniques, Recycling of PCB
Students of Computer Science, Communications, MCTA, and Software engineers from 2nd year are welcome to apply.