2nd Ain Shams Computer Vision Competition
Aims and Scope:
Research progress in computer vision and pattern recognition has lead to a variety of modelling techniques with (almost) human-like performance in a variety of tasks. We are organizing a competition on explainable computer vision systems. We aim to compile the latest efforts and research advances from the scientific community in creating a computer vision applications to help our daily life.
Eligibility & Application:
4th-year students from computer and Mechatronics departments who study digital image processing course at Ain Shams University.
All teams have to fill the registration form with their details and the project proposal by 5th April 2019. Each team consists of 2-5 students.
Cash Awards for top 5 teams plus certificates of appreciation
Competition Phases and Timeline:
- We will review your project proposal and reply to your team with project approval by 6th April so you can start implementing the project with your team.
- This process is for helping you to change or update your idea early in case it is very easy or very complex or out of our scope.
- We encourage you to submit your proposal before the deadline and explain your project with enough information in order to be approved as soon as possible.
- All teams will work on their ideas for 4 weeks.
- We encourage them to implement their idea with a desktop script first then they can migrate the code to any application or platform (mobile or web or embedded)
- The deadline for the project submission is 3rd May 2019.
- You will make a short presentation in 4th May 2019
- You will deliver:
- Project code on a GitHub repo.
- Demo video for your application on Youtube or at least write a description document with your application screenshots.
- The committee will evaluate projects and announce the top 20 projects
- IMPORTANT RULES:
- Any suspicious cheating or use an existing project code will lead to zero marks and teams will be unqualified for the competition.
- We will evaluate individual contributions from GitHub repo commits and presentation and this affects your project overall and individual score.