- Introduce the principles of structural modeling using FE software
- Enable the understanding of proper modeling basics.
- Expose the students to different techniques of 2D and 3D modeling of Reinforced Concrete and Steel structures.
- Present possible sources of modeling errors and methods to avoid them.
- Introduce the methods of seismic analysis.
- Explain methods of design using CSI software.
- Allow the students to model and design a full RC structure.
Knowledge and Understanding
Professional and Practical Skills
General and Transferable Skills
- 40 contact hours (10 sessions , 4 hours per session)
- Each session will have 20 - 30 minutes for the students to apply the explained material.
Structural Modeling Workshop is free of charge but, students are supposed to pay 200 EGP for iHub as a deposit to be returned by course completion.
- For Mainstream : Students who passed the third year in civil engineering.
- For Credit : Students who finished concrete design (II) and steel design (I).
- AutoCAD (v. 2010 or later)
- SAP2000 (v.14.0.0 or later)
- SAFE (v.12.0.0 or later)
- ETABS (v.2013 or later)
Committed participants would gain certificates of completion by the end of this workshop.